Monday, August 5, 2013

It's an Angie Rant, Watch Out

It seems like I have finally gotten my reading steam back. Last month was just filled with way to many things that had me distracted.

I'm glad to be back.

So to celebrate this I've decided to have a little rant and rave.

Sounds fun right? Well I think it sounds fun and really I'm only assuming that you guys are really out there, something akin to the belief in aliens. You know its quite possible they are out there but there is really no proof.

Right time to get to the good part. I'm sure all of you reader/reviews *cough* aliens *cough* will know exactly what I'm talking about, and hopefully feel the same way I do about this.

You ever have a book catch your eye, I'm sure you have. You slowly make your way over to it peeking over now and then to see if it looks any better up close. You read the synopsis and your interest gets peeked even more, you are now think about how attractive the book in the corner of your eyes is. Then you turn to the people around you to see what they think about it and you get 20 reviews that are a long the lines of. . .

"OMG! OMG! OMG! I lllllooooovvvveeeed this book so much I want to marry it and have 30 half breed babies with it!!"

And I'm standing there screaming "WHY! Please tell me why you loved this book so much you want to create a new species with it."

It drive me bonkers, especially because I rely so hard on reviews to really decide if I will read a book or not. I don't care if you want to get it on with the book and cry your undying love to the world. I want to know what was good about the book, I want to know if the editing was so bad that you can feel your brain starting to leak out of your ear because you are trying so hard to make sense out of nothing, I want to know what was bad about the book, what was okay about the book.

Then I want to cry because I still think the book looks so attractive and I have no one telling me that the book is going to break my heart or not. I then crumble and knowing I'll probably regret it get the book. And sure enough it stabs me through my fragile little heart and slowly kills me. This is when my anger acts up and I rampage through my house cursing the cat, cursing the fact that I can even read in the first place, and then finally cursing all of those weird book fetish people that led me astray.

That very angry gorilla looking thing is what I turn into, and
all those running people are everything that gets in my way.

Once the rampage is done I sit down crack my knuckle and pound out the rest of my anger in a review that explains as clearly as I can why this book was no good.

Then I get the backlash, people mad at me because how dare I not possible want to love and make many babies with this book. And I just don't understand it, not at all.

To me a review is someones honest thoughts on a book about what they liked and what they didn't. I will never ever ever claim that I am some kind of review goddess (though sometimes I like to pretend that I am) because I know I'm not. I just try my best to let all those people *cough* aliens *cough* out there know what I thought was good and what I thought was bad. And I totally love it when people give me tips about how I could have made a review better, and love it even more when someone lets me know my review helped them decide if they would get that book or not. I also understand that every ones tastes are different, its one of the reasons why I rarely read out of the genres that I like.

Rant Done.

Ha I feel so much better now. I'm sure some of you aliens are going to read this and disagree with my thoughts and I'm also sure there are other aliens that will know and agree with exactly how I feel.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Do you feel the same way as me, or does it not bother you at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...