Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Jack Kursed

Posting another of my older reviews, though honestly looking back at some of these reviews reminds me of why I started reviewing books in the first place.

This book is part of a series and is considered the third book. I didn't know this when I first picked it up and read it, I never felt that I was missing out on some information. You don't really need to read them in order, but I have read the first two books and they are worth reading.


Jack Kursed
by Glenn Bullion


The victim of a witch’s curse, Jack has been awake for two hundred years. Unable to die, unable to sleep, he’s trapped in a state of existence that no one can relate to, not even his vampire best friend Victoria.

Using his unique condition, he has helped Victoria in keeping the supernatural world at bay. Evil vampires, werewolves, and monsters have all died at their hand. But he’s about to face his biggest challenge, eight-year-old orphan Tiffany.

Tiffany shows Jack a side of life he’s never seen. A beautiful, hopeful world, where even someone full of rage and disdain for mortal life can find happiness.

However, when his new life and friends are in danger, Jack will unleash a fury two hundred years in the making.


*****
5 Stars

I bought this book at 2:30am and just now finished reading it, its 12 in the afternoon if your wondering. You would be correct in thinking at I read this book the entire night through, it was almost ironic because most of the time I was laying in bed. Knowing that you should already be guessing that this book was pure amazement. That and I'm on the over tired side and riding the "just finished a great book" feeling and will crash in an hour or so when it wears off (anyone that has done this before knows exactly what I'm feeling right now). So I wan't to get this all out before my body shuts down on me.

As you can probably guess by the title this is about a man named Jack, and he has a nice little curse on him. He has lived 200 years with out ever getting a minute a sleep and has fostered a rage inside that makes him quite the violent fellow. Though he does his violence sometimes with brutal efficiency, he makes some very witty comments along the way. All he wants from this world is a cure to his curse, but instead he gets an 8 year old girl that literally barrels her way into his life.

From this book you will get a touch of romance (that has nothing to do with the 8 year old), a little mystery, a lot of violence, hilarious dialogue, and a touching story of how a man filled with rage can over come it by the love of a child.

Now is the part where I lose all self control. . .

Jack, holy cow, I absolutely loved everything about him. I felt like I could have sat down in a diner with him and traded that straight up witty I don't give a crap banter with him. He had me laughing more times then I could count. It was so bad that I tried to explain what was so funny to my husband, and I did a horrible job at it because he just smiled and nodded at me. I feel like there is probably something wrong with me for loving him so much, because he was really such a heartless bastard. That said I still wish there was someone out there like him to entertain me like this in real life

Tiffany made me want to cry, the poor thing, and her first encounter with Jack should have not been as funny as it was to me. But come one telling a terrified kid not to get their mutant kid snot on their pants was really just great. You probably noticed by now that I'm that person that is cracking up when you fall down. . .even if your a complete stranger.

Victoria, I feel like she almost took away from the story a little bit. This could just because I wanted to read more about Tiffany and Jack, alright I admit it was because I wanted to read more about them. . .they were just so darn interesting. But she was just as awesome as the rest of them. Thinking about it everyone was great in this book. . .now I'm just gushing, and I blame it all on this book and it making me get no sleep.

All in all, as you can probably already guess this book rocked my world, and I LOVE when a book does that to me. I will be checking out more work by Glenn Bullion. You my fine fellow have just gained a fan for life, I bow down to your awesomeness and also put the pressure on you to keep creating such fine works of art that make me gush like a 15 year old girl with my first crush.


Would I recommend this book? Oh yeah, I really loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...