Thursday, June 20, 2013

Demon's Doorway (Damned and Cursed)

Demon's DoorwayDemon's Doorway (Damned and Cursed)
by Glenn Bullion


Alex has a good life. Being a unique half demon, he's used his powers to conquer feral vampires, the darkness inside him, and help ghosts in need. But there's one more challenge that will be his strongest. Marrying Cindy, the love of his life.

Jack has been cursed by a witch's magic for two hundred years. Unable to sleep, unable to die, his only hope for peace lies with young Kevin, a pure witch.

Kevin has his own problems. Controlling the forces of magic is only the beginning. He's lost, unsure of himself, trying to find his place in the world. Now, a man named Jack is asking him to perform magic he didn't even know existed.

A wedding, a witch that needs guidance, an invulnerable man with anger issues, and a new threat, with evil intentions. Four-hundred-year-old vampire Victoria may finally be in over her head.


*****
5 Stars

I was really looking forward to this book. When I finished reading Jack Kursed I craved to read a book that had him in it again. Jack is by far my favorite out of everyone, there is just something about him that makes me laugh. So when it popped up on my facebook that the book was being released today I jumped all over it and read it until I came to the end. I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed. 

To me it never really seemed you needed to read the books in order to understand the series, but because all four of the main characters show up this time around you are going to want to invest in reading everything before you pick this one up. You really won't understand a lot of the connections if you don't. The first three are great reads so it really isn't a bad thing.

It was nice to get a little bit of everyone this time around. Though like I said early Jack is my favorite and I savored the times when he was center stage. I just wish Tiffany had a bigger place this time around. 

There is a lot of side things going on, and though it might not seem like it will have a point to the main plot it all pulls itself together. If you haven't guess already the book is told from quite a few different point of views. For the most part this is done really well, there was only I few times when I got confused as to who's head we were in. 

The plot moved at a good pace, and everything unfolded well. I have to say I really liked the ending. The only complaint I have is that I never really got a feel for the bad guy or why he was doing what he was doing. I would have liked to get a better look at him, and I would have liked to know exactly how he came to be. I thought it would have been something found out but you are kinda left hanging on that end. 

Would I recommend this book? Yes, I am very satisfied with the latest addition to the Damned and Cursed Series and hope to see more in the future.

If your interested the order of the books is (cause I love links if you want to click on them you'll go to there amazon page):

Demonspawn
A Witch to Live
Jack Kursed
Demon's Doorway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...