Sunday, June 30, 2013

Come Alive (Experiment in Terror #7)


Come Alive (Experiment in Terror #7)
by Karina Halle

It’s one thing to bring the woman you love back into your life. It’s another to try and keep her there. For Dex Foray, con­vinc­ing Perry Palomino to open her­self to their bur­geon­ing rela­tion­ship has been more chal­leng­ing than hunt­ing ghosts, bat­tling demons and stalk­ing Sasquatch com­bined. Add in the fact that the only way they can keep their Exper­i­ment in Ter­ror show run­ning is to take on a third part­ner in the form of the mys­te­ri­ous Max­imus Jacobs — all while inves­ti­gat­ing a sin­is­ter voodoo sect in New Orleans — and you’ve got the per­fect South­ern storm and a recipe for dis­as­ter. Luck­ily, Dex has never been one to back down, even when his life –and heart — are on the line.






*****
5 Stars


I have really enjoyed the Experiment in Terror series so I was really looking forward to getting my hands on another of Karina Halles books. I have to say I'm not one to really enjoy series, I tend to get bored of them after awhile, but these books always get my blood pumping when I'm reading them, and honestly I don't see myself ever getting bored with them. I'll probably want to cry my eyes out when the series finally ends. There is just something about Perry and Dex that I just can't get enough of.

The real plus of this book is that it is told from Dex's point of view this time, something that doesn't happen very often. Being inside his head is awesome. He honestly reminds me of a few of my guy friends, there is something totally hysterical about someone that can't go more then a few minutes without saying something perverted. This could just be me, but that stuff cracks me up. That said I do have to say I liked the books told from Perrys point of view more. It just seemed that after a while I craved Perrys thoughts on everything. It is probably just because I'm used to reading from her point of view though.

The story itself was more then what I was expecting honestly. I can't say I was to surprised when the zombie master was figured out, but I was starting to doubt myself for a while there. That is enough to make a book great in and of itself. Just when you think you have it figured out something pops up to make you rethink everything.

The side story of Dex's and Perry's relationship was like riding on a roller coaster. After getting this far I just wanted to bang their heads together and make them just get over everything else and be happy. But of course we can't just jump off the ride, we have to take all the scary but exhilarating dips with them. But it is always worth it in the end.

Would I recommend this book? Oh yeah, I'm totally and completely in love with Perry and Dex. I can't wait to see what other crazy stuff they are going to go through.

On a side note here, Karina you have giving me so many fun names to call people that piss me off. I caught myself calling a driver that pissed me off a douchecanoe not to long ago and the shocked face my husband gave me was priceless.

Also I want to kick myself for not writing a review for every book. . .I think there is only 2 others out there from me. But it is all because as soon as I finished one book I started on another and I just didn't have the will power to stop myself to get to a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...