Thursday, March 28, 2013

Vacation Time

Oh I almost forgot!

I'm going on vacation tomorrow (which is Friday 28th). I know I'm excited to. . .well except for the entire sitting in a car with a 4 and 6 year old for anywhere between 10-12 hours, not so excited about that. I'll be spending the Easter Holiday with my family in Jersey.

Your probably asking yourself why anyone would want to go to Jersey for vacation, family or not. If your not asking yourself that then you have clearly never been to Jersey. Its a state pretty much filled to bursting with assholes (and anyone from Jersey will agree).

I was born and raised there, and have a special little spot in my heart for that state. Now that I've moved out of it I know I'll never be able to afford to move back in, which is probably a really good thing. For those of you that might be wandering what part of Jersey I'm from, its right were hurricane Sandy trashed. I lived about 15 minutes away from Seaside Heights, which is were I got my first piercing, and also so lovingly called Sleazeside. Makes you wonder why I would get a piercing there, its a long story so let just settle for the fact that I can be really impulsive at times.

I've been to the Point Pleasant Aquarium when I was a kid, and have even bought my own kids there. The Popcorn Park Zoo is first zoo I've ever gone to. When I was a kid they used to let all the animal pretty much run loose. . .I got dared to kiss a three legged deer and after I did my awesome family told me my lips were going to fall off, I was about 5 years old at the time. It is also were I learned to fear geese,
This is the kind of goose I'm talking about.
They are mean as hell. 
especially the ones with that weird bump thing on their beaks. Those things would chase you down, tackle you and then rob you of your popcorn. Scary stuff for a kid and it is why I now carry an irrational fear of geese.

All of my bestest of friends, except for one, still live there as well as most of my family. So I have fun when I'm there and most of the time I manage to not turn back into a major bitch by the time I leave.

I got really off base as to why I was even making this post. So to get to the point, I'll be really inactive during that week. I only have plans for one book to review while I'm gone and other then that I won't be able to do much of anything else, you know with all the geese, deer and jerks making my life hard while I'm there.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been back home in forever. I'm going on a trip in a matter of days. I vowed never to fly with my sister again and now I'll be on a plane with my wild 4yr old, my 10 yr old, and my sister. Goodness. And I have the lamest vices. I really don't think Doritos and chocolate will keep me calm. Have a wonderful trip. I love your description of Jersey (never been). And geese are freaking scary jerks. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try to get back home at least once a year. As much as it sucks to drive it, I couldn't imagine my kids being any better on a plane, plus its nice to not have to rent a car once I'm there.

      Your vices are awesome, at least you can have them on a plane. If you have never been to Jersey it might be a really good idea to never go there at all, and have a great trip yourself.

      Delete
  2. We have wild geese that live on our village green and the sounds they make as they come running to you for food! Terrifying!
    Happy holds :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...