Monday, March 25, 2013

The Wrong Way to Feed a Unicorn

The Wrong Way to Feed a Unicorn
by: Christain Knoebel

Charles wants to keep his 13-year-old daughter Lexi happy even if it means taking care of a manipulative, potty mouthed unicorn that continually insults his hospitality, intelligence and manhood. But when it comes to food they have a problem, and Charles finds himself hunting down one of the world's most expensive ingredients in a crime-ridden neighborhood known for its grisly dealings with outsiders.

Along the way he meets a long lost high school friend with a fast-food job and unusual knowledge of high-end cuisine; a voodoo wielding faith healer and his side-arm carrying bodyguard, a nearsighted stripper with a taste for knives, and her jealous boyfriend who confronts Charles for stealing his girl. Only one of them will walk away.

(This story is not for children.)





*****
5 Stars

Holy cow this was awesome. I'm not one to read short stories, I like to really get into a book and read it forever if I can. But it was about a unicorn and I just couldn't pass it up. If this book was any longer it would have failed horribly, it is absolutely perfect.

The unicorn, Charles and everyone was awesome. I really want to know why Christina called him Chiggers though. The way things were explained is what really made this book something different. And I have to say this book made me hungry. 

I kinda feel bad for Charles, but understand his "do anything to make my kid happy" mentality. Everything that happens to him is pretty freaking off the wall. . .I can't even explain the awesome sauce of this book. I didn't see the ending coming at all, everything was so off the wall that I really thought it was all what happened, great twist.

Its not often that I pull out the fancy little highlight option on my kindle, and I whip it out quite a few times to make sure I could go back and get a little laugh later on. 

Would I recommend this book? Hell yeah I would, If you are looking for a short hilarious read look no farther then this book. You will not find anything half as crazy as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...