Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Host Movie

Mind blown. . .that is what I am. Though at the same time I feel like I have been living under a freaking rock.

As you can probably tell. . .I love to read. I read all the time, its actually become an art form for me. I've managed to be able to navigate my house, cook, and many other things while reading. But there is only a handful of books that I have ever felt the urge to read twice. One of those books is The Host by Stephenie Meyer. 


Now I know some of you are thinking "Oh geez isn't that the chick that wrote those Twilight books?" and are ready to just mozy on by this blog. While I'm not afraid to admit I have read those book, and actually kinda liked them, The Host is nothing like them at all. It actually surprised me that someone could write such completely different books. 


Now I find out there is a movie made from the book. 


Brain Explosion!


I just about had a freak out. . .okay I'm not going to lie I totally freaked out and called my husband and told him I would die if I didn't see the movie. He didn't believe that, but did agree to take me on a date to see it. Gotta love him. 


Now here comes the living under a rock part. The movie is going to be released in theaters on March 29, 2013. I just found out about this a few days ago, and that was just by luck. I could have went my entire life without knowing this movie existed. But I have two kids and the only TV stations I can watch are a mix between cartoon network and nick. So its almost understandable why I never knew about this. 


Now I'll be posting the synopsis of the book and adding a little something to help ya'll out if you have ever read this book.


Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.





How can you not want to read this. Now for my tip. . .the beginning of the book can be really confusing, but just power through it because it is worth it and all will make sense in a few chapters.

3 comments:

  1. Gah I can't wait for this movie to come out! I started reading this when I was 13 but became so confused by the beginning that I stopped. Now that I've read your post, I'm thinking I should give it another go. :P

    New follower via GFC!
    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should. . .Something thing about this book just gets me. I cannot wait to see this movie. Even though I'll probably not like it to much cause the book is always better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the follow. I'm following you too :)
    I have had that book on my bookshelf for so long, but I am definitely going to have to read it before the mvie comes out!

    - Camilla
    http://happycompletehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...