Sunday, March 3, 2013

Starting a blog?

So for a while now I've been thinking to myself "I should start a blog!" It always sounded really good in my head, but then I would pull up some site or another that would let me do this and freeze up. I mean, sure it sounded grand in my head. . .but I just couldn't make myself take the next step.

So I did what any one else would do (or at least I'm going to pretend that you all would do this) and asked for help. It came in the form of others that had already taken that step, and to give credit where credit is do from the group Anything Goes Book Reviewers on GoodReads. . .without ya'll I would probably still be sitting frozen in front of googles blogger page trying to convince myself to click the start blog button.


With their great and surprisingly easy advice to follow I finally did it, and you know it was freaking easy. Thanks to my wonderful husband for the help on the name. . . and I have to admit here that I was using not being able to think of a name for the blog as a way to put it off, and he was all like "You use zephyr for everything else what not this?" when put that way I couldn't really not do it anymore. 


If you want explanation as to my obsession with zephyr. . .it all started with a love for The Red Hot Chili Peppers and their song The Zephyr Song. It eventually got broken down to just zephyr, then came the curiosity into the word zephyr itself, well broken down into fast easy terms its means west wind, and can be applied to the god Zephyrus. I thought it was pretty interesting and it has stuck with me for years. . .I'm not going to claim every user name, or whatever, out there. . .but chances are if it has zephyr somewhere in it, it could very well be me hiding behind the name.


Now I'm not going to say I'm going to be an almighty blogger now that I have started. . .most likely I'm going to mess up, and a lot. But if you can handle so can I.



1 comment:

  1. Well done Angie, great job so far, keep it up! I love that song too, great blog name and internet alias :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...