Monday, March 11, 2013

Series that just shouldn't be passed up

Its early in the morning. I've already walked my son to the bus stop, drank half a cup of coffee and have spongebob on as background noise. I thought now would be the perfect time to do a little post about book series that I think everyone in the world should read.


  • Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror) by: Karina Halle

"There's always been some­thing a bit off about Perry Palomino. Though she's been deal­ing with a quarter-life cri­sis and post-college syn­drome like any other twen­tysome­thing, she's still not what you would call "ordi­nary." For one thing, there's her past which she likes to pre­tend never hap­pened, and then there's the fact that she sees ghosts. Luck­ily for her, that all comes in handy when she stum­bles across Dex Foray, an eccen­tric pro­ducer for an upcom­ing web­cast on ghost hunters. Even though the show's bud­get is non-existent and Dex him­self is a mad­den­ing enigma, Perry is instantly drawn into a world that both threat­ens her life and seduces her with a sense of impor­tance. Her uncle's haunted light­house pro­vides the per­fect cat­a­lyst and back­drop for a hor­rific mys­tery that unrav­els the threads of Perry's frag­ile san­ity and causes her to fall for a man, who, like the most dan­ger­ous of ghosts, may not be all that he seems."



I loved this book, read it and got sucked into the world of Perry and Dex. As far as I have seen it this book is free on Amazon, and I really don't think this will be changing anytime soon so there is no harm in picking it up.

  • Heller by: J.D. Nixon

Despite having no experience or skills, Tilly Chalmers can’t believe her luck when she lands a dream job in a security and surveillance business owned by the dangerously attractive Heller. But she soon discovers her new boss is a man of many secrets. And what is she to make of the strange group of people who live with him? After her first two assignments go disastrously wrong, and with a ruthless competitor on the scene, Tilly must decide if she has what it takes to survive the rough world of security work. 













This is an amazingly awesome series. Its so freaking funny, that every time I read one of the books I get weird looks from everyone cause I won't stop snickering. Last I checked, which I like ten minutes ago, this book is also free on Amazon, so once again you really have nothing to lose picking this up.


  • The First Days (As the World Dies #1) by: Rhiannon Frater

The morning that the world ends, Katie is getting ready for court and housewife Jenni is taking care of her family. Less than two hours later, they are fleeing for their lives from a zombie horde. 

Thrown together by circumstance, Jenni and Katie become a powerful zombie-killing partnership, mowing down zombies as they rescue Jenni’s stepson, Jason, from an infected campground.

They find sanctuary in a tiny, roughly fortified Texas town.  There Jenni and Katie find they are both attracted to Travis, leader of the survivors; and the refugees must slaughter people they know, who have returned in zombie form.











As a zombie book I loved it. . .this book went places that I have never seen a zombie book go before. The first few chapters had my skin crawling, and the need to cry was trying to push itself to the front of all my emotions. Though this one isn't free on Amazon it is really worth the money. This is a trilogy, but meh I love it so much that its going up here anyway.


  • The Spirit Thief by: Rachel Aaron

Eli Monpress is talented. He's charming. And he's a thief.

But not just any thief. He's the greatest thief of the age - and he's also a wizard. And with the help of his partners - a swordsman with the most powerful magic sword in the world but no magical ability of his own, and a demonseed who can step through shadows and punch through walls - he's going to put his plan into effect.

The first step is to increase the size of the bounty on his head, so he'll need to steal some big things. But he'll start small for now. He'll just steal something that no one will miss - at least for a while.

Like a king.








Just look at that cover! The raised eyebrow and the smirk, you know this is going to be a good book. I've never read anything like it before, and I really hope I never do. It was an awesomely new and different idea, and I drank up and loved every book. The entire series is out so you won't have to wait and wait and wait for the next book like I did.


  • The Queens Blade by: T.C. Southwell

A doomed kingdom, a young queen’s sacrifice and a killer who will bring an empire to its knees...

In a world where men share kindred with beasts, the Idol of the Beasts predicts a child who will end the Endless War after centuries of strife, but first the enemy king must die and his son be brought to the Jashimari Queen in chains…

After numerous failed attempts, killing King Shandor seems impossible, until an assassin offers to do the deed. His success places the Crown Prince at Queen Minna-Satu’s mercy, and Blade becomes the instrument of her wrath. Forged in the fires of fury, his heart died long ago in the desert kingdom. His glance is as icy as his smile is disarming, and the fires of passion will never stir his blood. He is the Master of the Dance in Jondar, the best to ever hold the title. 
Driven by hatred and with the skills of his trade, he will usher in a time of strife and pain that will live in legend, and forever bear his name. He is the instrument who can change fate. He is the Queen’s Blade.





Its been a while since I've picked this one up, but it has stuck with me. Every now and again I like to read a little something something about assassin's. Don't ask why. This book didn't disappoint me at all. I remember finding this book by accident and wondering why it wasn't more popular. T.C. Southwell is one of my favorite authors, and I could sit her and put all her series down, but I'll settle for my favorite and hope you look her up. To entice you a little more, she makes the first book in every series free (including this one). I find this to be extremely smart, pull you in with a free book that is amazing and then charge to read the rest . . .don't worry they aren't going to break you bank account you won't be paying anymore then five bucks for any of the books.

This is were I'll stop. I'll probably make another post of series I think everyone should read again sometime. But for right now I have a cup of coffee and a book waiting for me to get back to them and I can't deny them any longer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...